I am an independently licensed therapist (Licensed Clinical Social Worker/LCSW), specializing in mental health assessment, psychotherapy, and wellness. I have a strong passion for my work and am motivated and inspired by the perseverance and honesty of my clients. Clients I have worked with in the past have described me as committed, skilled, and professional in my work as well as possessing a presence and way of relating that is warm and genuine.
I’ve worked with a wide diversity of people and have experience in numerous mental health and social service settings: employee assistance programs (EAP), residential facilities for severely mentally ill adults, clinical research/treatment with substance abuse, military/veterans & traumatic experiences, youth crisis services, HIV/AIDS service organizations, and community health centers to name a few.
As a Social Worker, I am also committed to organizational, community, and system-wide advocacy and activism efforts to help attain social justice in general and more specifically, optimal client outcomes. I regularly engage in available professional development and continuing education courses, seminars, and other opportunities that will benefit my practice and clients.
I am an active member of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW), the Academy of Cognitive Therapy, the Association for Contextual Behavioral Science, and the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH).
- Master of Social Work (MSW), Mental Health Concentration of Study- George Warren Brown School of Social Work @ Washington University in St. Louis
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Psychology- Saint Louis University
I have experience treating a diverse range of people varying in age, gender, race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, socioeconomic status, presenting issues, and sexual orientations and, as such, can work effectively and comfortably with a range of clientele. I currently focus my work with:
I have experience successfully assisting people with a wide range of concerns and issues, including the following:
- Gay-Lesbian-Bisexual Related Issues (LGBT)
- Gender Identity/ Transgender Concerns
- HIV/AIDS Related Issues / Chronic Disease/Health/ Pain Related Issues
- Life Changes, Adjustments, and Transitions
- Grief and Loss Issues
- Bipolar Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders (General, Panic, Social Anxiety)
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) / Trauma
- Substance Abuse
- Relationship Concerns/ Conflicts
- Body Image / Eating Disorder Concerns
- Stress Management
- Health Behavior Change (e.g. smoking cessation, weight control)
My approach to therapy is collaborative and guided by the needs of the client. I have extensive training and most commonly utilize Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)approaches in my work.
As appropriate, I also utilize the following approaches :
- Acceptance and Commitment (ACT) Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Mindfulness- Incorporated Therapy Approaches
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy